Rising Star Awards
This award recognizes exceptional early to mid-career women chemists across all areas who have demonstrated outstanding promise for contributions to their respective fields. To be given annually, this new award is also intended to help promote retention of women in science.
2023 RISING STAR WINNER LIST
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Jamie McCabe Dunn
Merck & Co., Inc.
University of California, Riverside
University of California, Los Angeles
Johns Hopkins University
The award is open to all individual* ACS members in chemistry and chemical engineering working in academic, industrial, government, non-profit or other employment sectors. Appropriate candidates will typically be no more than 15 years from receipt of their terminal scientific degree and have demonstrated outstanding promise for contributions to their respective fields. Applicants can either be self-nominated or can be nominated by another individual for this award. The nominator does not need to be an ACS member.
*This includes women (both cis and trans) and persons assigned female at birth (AFAB). For more information regarding the gender inclusive language used in this document, please click here
The following are not eligible:
- Those who are already widely acknowledged and recognized in their area of chemistry or chemical engineering and are at the pinnacle of their careers
- ACS national award winners
- Those who have received a prior award under this program
- Members of the National Women Chemists Executive Committee
How to Apply
In the online nomination process, the nominator will be required to provide/upload the following:
- Nominee’s resume or C.V.
- Primary nominator letter in support of nomination. Letter should not exceed 800 words (maximum of 2 pages), with no less than 11pt font.
- For self-nomination, a second nomination letter is required.
- For all other nominations, a second nominator letter in support is optional, but recommended. The letter should not exceed 800 words (maximum of 2 pages), with no less than 11pt font.