The WCC Merck Research Award recognizes eight individuals* who will present their research at an awards symposium held during the Fall ACS national meeting.
Awardees will receive a $1,500 stipend to cover Fall ACS national meeting expenses. They will present their research at a WCC/Merck half-day symposium and be recognized at the Awards Symposium Luncheon and the WCC Luncheon.
Individuals* in their 3rd & 4th year of graduate school with a research focus in one or more of the following:
- Chemical Biology
- Structural Chemistry
- Related disciplines
Open to US citizens (studying anywhere) and to non-US citizens attending a graduate program in the US or Canada.
Those who have received a prior award under this program are ineligible.
- Title, author(s), technical division and text, a resume or C.V. (include permanent address)
- A copy of her proposed abstract submission for the WCC/Merck Research Award Symposium and the Technical Division abstract (poster or oral presentation)
- A brief cover letter detailing how this award will impact her career in science (1 page)
- A letter from her advisor confirming her participation in the meeting at which she will be making her presentation, commenting on her technical ability and potential
* Individuals = this includes female-identified individuals and persons assigned female at birth (AFAB). For more information regarding the gender inclusive language used in this document, please visit the following site: https://writingcenter.unc.edu/tips-and-tools/gender-inclusive-language/